Darren joined Wollongong Legal as a Senior Associate in 2015 and heads the firm's criminal law, litigation and family law practice areas.
Following the completion of his tertiary degrees at the University of Wollongong in both Law and Commerce, Darren gained experience for a prominent boutique law firm for almost 9 years before moving to Wollongong Legal.
- Darren devotes most of his time to the following practice areas:
- Criminal Law;
- Traffic Law;
- Litigation, including family provision litigation and all forms of debt recovery
- Family Law; and
- Wills and Estate Planning
Darren has experience in the areas of criminal law, litigation and family law where he has
developed strong advocacy skills and knowledge of the Local and District Court, Federal
Circuit Court (Family Court) and Supreme Court judiciary. He strives to achieve results for
his clients without the need for court intervention through negotiation for the benefit of his
He volunteers his time is a presenter at the PCYC Traffic Offenders Intervention Program
(TOIP) throughout the Illawarra and regularly appears in all forms of complex traffic matters
and licence appeals in the Local Court of NSW.
Having only ever lived in Wollongong, Darren has strong community ties, including an active
business network. He prides himself on getting to know his clients, always serving their best
interests and maintaining long-lasting relationships.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) – University of Wollongong, Wollongong 2004
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom with Merit) – University of Wollongong, Wollongong 2004
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – University of Wollongong, Wollongong 2004
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Admitted to the Federal Register of Practitioners
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Police-Citizens Youth Club (PCYC)
- Shellharbour Business Network
- Surf Life Saving New South Wales